This delightful, modern three-bedroom home is ideal for entertaining. The open plan kitchen/dining area has French doors leading to the garden. There is a spacious sitting room featuring a bay window (to selected plots) and a handy downstairs cloakroom, while upstairs, there are three bedrooms, the master having an en suite and built in wardrobes. Garage included.
- Open plan kitchen with dining area
- French doors to garden
- Separate sitting room
- Downstairs cloakroom
- Built-in wardrobe to bedroom one
- En suite to bedroom 1
- Stylish white bathroom suite
- Good local facilities
- Good transport links
|Room||(Meters)||(Feet / Inches)|
|Bedroom 1||3.98 x 3.49||13’ 1” x 11’ 6”|
|Bedroom 2||5.52 x 3.04||18’ 1” x 10’ 0”|
|Bedroom 3||3.40 x 2.48||11’ 2” x 8’ 2”|
|Kitchen||3.76 x 2.43||12’ 4” x 8’ 0”|
|Dining area||3.17 x 3.02||10’ 5” x 9’ 11”|
|Sitting room||5.60 x 4.28||18’ 4” x 14’ 1”|
|wm/ws||washing machine space|
|ts||tumble dryer space|
|ffzr/for/f/ffzs||fridge freezer space|
|dw/ds||dish washer space|
Note: spaces marked for specific appliances in the kitchen may be designed for integrated models only. Please refer to sales consultant for details. Please note there is no ensuite on second floor
Note: This floorplan has been produced for illustrative purposes only. Room sizes shown are between arrow points as indicated on plan. The dimensions have tolerances of + or -50mm and should not be used other than for general guidance. If specific dimensions are required, enquiries should be made to the sales advisor. The floorplans shown are not to scale. Measurements are based on the original drawings. Slight variations may occur during construction.
East Gate has access to the M4 and M40 motorways with London approximately 70 miles away. Several major trunk routes, including the A338, A34 and A417 are also within easy reach with Oxford being 16 miles away and Swindon 20 miles away. There are bus routes serving Oxford, Didcot, Abingdon and Faringdon and train stations at Didcot and Oxford. For air travel Heathrow Airport is around an hour away.
A trip to the shops
Wantage offers a range of facilities from major supermarkets to some interesting independent shops, regular Farmers Markets offering lots of local produce together with cafes and pubs if you are catching up with friends for lunch or a coffee. The historic city of Oxford is also less than 20 miles away with a wealth of independent boutiques and retailers as well as larger department stores.
Taking time out
Discover the stunning local countryside including walks along the Ridgeway where you can visit the heritage site of Uffington Castle, Dragon Hill and see the famous White Horse on the hillside at Uffington. Wantage itself has regular markets, the Vale of Downland museum, a medieval Parish Church as well as cobbled streets and passageways to explore. There is an annual Summer Festival including arts and music events for all ages. Betjeman Millennium Park is a beautiful green space close to the town centre enjoyed by the community featuring poetry sculpture plaques designed by Alec Peever. Walks can be enjoyed along the Letcombe Brook Discover Trail from the Downland Museum to the Willow Walk Vale and Nature Reserve.
The area is well served by pre-school groups and primary schools. Two of the nearest to East Gate are Wantage Church of England Primary School, catering for ages 3 - 11 and Charlton Primary School that takes youngsters from ages 4 - 11. Secondary education is provided by King Alfred's Academy that also has a sixth form facility. Further education is available at Abingdon and Witney College.
- Take the A34 south towards M4/Newbury/Abingdon
- Leave the A34 at the A4130 junction
- Then right onto Featherbed Lane
- Turn right at the junction with A417, Reading Road
- Continue into Wantage on the A417 travelling through two mini roundabouts onto the Charlton Road
- Turn left onto Springfield Road
- East Gate will then be found on your left
- Leave Swindon on the A420 heading towards Faringdon
- Travel for approximately 10 miles
- Take the A417 signposted for Wantage and Stanford in the Vale
- Upon entering Wantage travel through two mini roundabouts onto Mill Street
- Follow Mill Street for half a mile, then slight left onto Market Place
- Continue onto the A417 Wallingford Street
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit and stay on Wallingford Street
- Travel straight on at the two roundabouts
- Turn right onto Springfield Road
- East Gate will then be found on the left