1373 sqft. The Newton is modern, stylish and very individual. The open plan kitchen/dining room with feature bay window is light, airy and spacious. French doors open onto the garden from the dining room as well as the separate sitting room creating a great outdoor entertaining space. Large perfectly proportioned bedrooms, and the master is, of course, en suite. Garage.
- Open plan kitchen with dining area and french doors to garden
- Separate sitting room
- En suite and built-in wardrobe to bedroom 1
- Built-in wardrobes to bedroom 1
- Stylish white bathroom suite
- Tenure: freehold
Shaun, Maria, Mark and Paula
|Mon:||10am - 5pm||Fri:||10am - 5pm|
|Tue:||10am - 5pm||Sat:||10am - 5pm|
|Wed:||10am - 5pm||Sun:||10am - 5pm|
|Thu:||10am - 5pm|
|By appointment only|
|Room||(Meters)||(Feet / Inches)|
|Sitting room||4.70 x 4.00||15' 5" x 13' 1"|
|Kitchen/dining room||6.80 x 3.48||22' 4" x 11' 5"|
|Study||2.41 x 2.02||7' 11" x 6' 8"|
|Bedroom 1||4.00 x 2.86||13' 1" x 9' 5"|
|Bedroom 2||6.80 x 3.55||22' 4" x 11' 8"|
|Bedroom 3||4.07 x 2.77||13' 4" x 9' 1"|
|wm/ws||washing machine space|
|ts||tumble dryer space|
|ffzr/for/f/ffzs||fridge freezer space|
|dw/ds||dish washer space|
- Note: spaces marked for specific appliances in the kitchen may be designed for integrated models only.
- * Window(s) and / or door(s) shown apply to selected plots only. Please see sales consultant for details.
- ** Window(s) and / or door(s) shown apply to selected plots only Please see sales consultant for details.
- † Window(s) and / or door(s) shown apply to selected plots only Please see sales consultant for details.
- 1. Alternative layout(s) shown apply to selected plots only. Please see sales consultant for details.
- 2. Alternative layout(s) shown apply to selected plots only. Please see sales consultant for details.
- Note: This floorplan has been produced for illustrative purposes only. Room sizes shown are between arrow points as indicated on plan. The dimensions have tolerances of + or -50mm and should not be used other than for general guidance. If specific dimensions are required, enquiries should be made to the sales advisor. The floorplans shown are not to scale. Measurements are based on the original drawings. Slight variations may occur during construction.
The Silk Mill in Summertown, is just off the A338 which leads to Wantage, less than four miles away. It joins the A420 for Oxford, 13 miles away and is a link to Abingdon, seven miles. Swindon is 21 miles via the A420 and the nearby A34 takes you to junction 13 of the M4. Didcot mainline train station is only eight miles away and has regular, fast services to London Paddington which take about 45 minutes. By train Reading is only 15 minutes and Oxford just 20. Services also run to Bristol, Swindon and Cardiff. There are frequent buses to Wantage,Oxford and Abingdon.
A trip to the shops
It's an easy stroll from The Silk Mill to Dews Meadow Farm Shop, with its award-winning bacon,home-cured ham, baked savouries and delicatessen. The East Hanney Community Shop and sub post-office is also well-stocked and open daily except Sundays and there's a Waitrose and Sainsbury's in Wantage, less than four miles away.
You'll find a variety of quality, independent shops in Wantage offering everything from gifts and art to books, jewellery and well known brands.Oxford's Westgate boasts more than 100 stores and if it's labels you're after try Swindon Designer Outlet, or Bicester Village.
Taking time out
Between them The Hanneys (East and West), have two pubs and two restaurants, an Indian and an Italian, with plenty more in Wantage and Abingdon on Thames. There are clubs for gardening,bell-ringing and amateur dramatics, as well as tennis, bowls, badminton and fitness classes and a youth football club. Wantage Leisure Centre has extensive sports, fitness and swimming facilities and there's a golf club just five miles away. Enjoy live comedy, music, cinema and theatre at The Beacon in Wantage, or catch the latest blockbuster at The Abbey Cinema in Abingdon. Explore the great outdoors on the ancient chalk downs and ridgeway, see the Bronze Age White Horse up close and climb Dragon Hill for spectacular views across six counties.
The charity-run Hanney Pre-School takes youngsters from the age of two to five years and is based within the grounds of St James Church of England Primary School in East Hanney. The school itself takes children aged from four-years-old and acts as a feeder school for King Alfred's Academy in Wantage. This secondary school has sixth form facilities and caters for pupils aged from 11 to 18 years. Abingdon Preparatory School is an independent school for boys aged from four to 13, and Our Lady's Abingdon is a co-educational Catholic school for pupils aged from 3 to 18-years-old.
- Leave the A420 at the Tubney Wood roundabout
- and head south on the A338
- Follow the A338 for approximately 5 miles
- travelling through Frilford and towards
- East Hanney
- Pass Dews Meadow Farm Shop and take the next
- right to Summertown
- The Silk Mill will then be found on the
- right hand side
- Leave the A34 at the Abingdon exit, towards Marcham A415
- Follow the A415 though the village of Marcham
- Continue on A415 until you reach a T junction for the A338
- Turn left and follow the A338 for about 4 miles to the village of East Hanney
- Continue through the village and as you are leaving the village, look for Dews Meadow Farm Shop on your right
- Take the next right onto Summertown
- The Silk Mill will then be found on the right hand side