Springfield Road, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 8ETGet directions
Open daily 10am to 5pm;Visits by appointment only
Chus, Mark, Shaun and Paula
Springfield Road, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 8ET Get directions
Prices from £320,000 to £589,995
2, 3, 4 & 5 bed homes available
detached & semi detached homes available
This is an exciting new development in the historic market town of Wantage. There is a strong community atmosphere with shops, schools and amenities on your doorstep. The town offers good transport links and is set in the stunning countryside of the Vale of the White Horse with the ancient Ridgeway nearby.
Choose from a range of quality 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes carefully designed to suit your needs. So, whether you are choosing your first home, or need space for a growing family, East Gate is the perfect choice for your stylish new home in this charming market town.
HOME EXCHANGE PLUS £10,000 EXTRA!*
- Take the A34 south towards M4/Newbury/Abingdon
- Leave the A34 at the A4130 junction
- Then right onto Featherbed Lane
- Turn right at the junction with A417, Reading Road
- Continue into Wantage on the A417 travelling through two mini roundabouts onto the Charlton Road
- Turn left onto Springfield Road
- East Gate will then be found on your left
- Leave Swindon on the A420 heading towards Faringdon
- Travel for approximately 10 miles
- Take the A417 signposted for Wantage and Stanford in the Vale
- Upon entering Wantage travel through two mini roundabouts onto Mill Street
- Follow Mill Street for half a mile, then slight left onto Market Place
- Continue onto the A417 Wallingford Street
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit and stay on Wallingford Street
- Travel straight on at the two roundabouts
- Turn right onto Springfield Road
- East Gate will then be found on the left
East Gate has access to the M4 and M40 motorways with London approximately 70 miles away. Several major trunk routes, including the A338, A34 and A417 are also within easy reach with Oxford being 16 miles away and Swindon 20 miles away. There are bus routes serving Oxford, Didcot, Abingdon and Faringdon and train stations at Didcot and Oxford. For air travel Heathrow Airport is around an hour away.
A trip to the shops
Wantage offers a range of facilities from major supermarkets to some interesting independent shops, regular Farmers Markets offering lots of local produce together with cafes and pubs if you are catching up with friends for lunch or a coffee. The historic city of Oxford is also less than 20 miles away with a wealth of independent boutiques and retailers as well as larger department stores.
Taking time out
Discover the stunning local countryside including walks along the Ridgeway where you can visit the heritage site of Uffington Castle, Dragon Hill and see the famous White Horse on the hillside at Uffington. Wantage itself has regular markets, the Vale of Downland museum, a medieval Parish Church as well as cobbled streets and passageways to explore. There is an annual Summer Festival including arts and music events for all ages. Betjeman Millennium Park is a beautiful green space close to the town centre enjoyed by the community featuring poetry sculpture plaques designed by Alec Peever. Walks can be enjoyed along the Letcombe Brook Discover Trail from the Downland Museum to the Willow Walk Vale and Nature Reserve.
The area is well served by pre-school groups and primary schools. Two of the nearest to East Gate are Wantage Church of England Primary School, catering for ages 3 - 11 and Charlton Primary School that takes youngsters from ages 4 - 11. Secondary education is provided by King Alfred's Academy that also has a sixth form facility. Further education is available at Abingdon and Witney College.
Helping members of the Armed Forces to own a home with assistance from Bovis Homes, the Government and the Ministry of Defence.Find out more
Are you an existing home owner? Our Home Exchange scheme is the simple way to make sure you don’t lose out…Find out more
Helping essential key workers get on the housing ladder. Scheme extended to all those professionals who are classed as key workers.Find out more
Are you an existing home owner? Our Smooth Move service is designed to help you sell your old property quickly so that you can…Find out more