New houses
Search
Downloads
adobe pdfJumpstart leaflet
adobe pdf
Further information
Recently viewed developments
  • Here we will display your last 5 viewed developments
Shortlist
There are no developments in your shortlist. You can add developments here by clicking the "add to shortlist" link within the development page

Jumpstart - equity share

Own a property for as little as 85% of the price upfront

A new Bovis Home could now be more affordable

Jumpstart is available on selected plots at some of our developments in England and Wales. You enjoy ownership but pay as little as 85% of the initial price.

Jumpstart is a great way to help first time buyers with little deposit to purchase their own home!

Take a look at these examples:

Sue and Julian are fed up with renting a flat and would love a smart new home of their own. With only a small deposit saved they didn't think it would be possible to buy a home of their own, but with Jumpstart they discovered they could get up to 15% of the initial price provided for them by us and now they're buying a brand new apartment of their very own!

Apartment price £120,000
Jumpstart initial cost: £102,000

Sally and Roger already have a two bedroom home, but are planning a family and would like more space. They didn't think they could afford a three bedroom house, but with Jumpstart they've reduced their initial purchase price and are now buying just what they need - a spacious three bedroom town house.

Town house price £180,000
Jumpstart initial cost £153,000

Click here to view a case study

For more details see the Jumpstart leaflet available as a download at the top of this page. Please note, Jumpstart is only available on selected plots at specific developments. Ask our sales advisor at your chosen development for information.

Your questions answered

What is Jumpstart?

It's a shared equity scheme for those keen get a foot on the property ladder and provides a longer-term, flexible way to purchase a Bovis Home. The scheme reduces the amount of money you have to pay upfront making your purchase much more affordable.

How does it work?

You pay as little as 85% upfront for your new Bovis Home and we provide the remaining 15% (or applicable share) but you still own 100%.

You have 10 years in which to pay us the balance, which is based on the market value of your home at that time and which you can do in stages. Alternatively you are free to sell your new home at any time within this 10 year period and take the 85% (or other applicable share) of the value of the property at that time.

For the first five years there is absolutely no rent or interest to pay on the 15% (or applicable share) and for the second five years there is an annual interest rate fixed at just 3%, payable monthly, on the original sum provided by Bovis Homes (ie 15% of the purchase price or other outstanding share at the time of purchase). If you wish to pay more when you first purchase you can buy a larger stake than 85% in the property's value which means you pay back the remaining balance, which would be less than 15%.

Would I qualify for Jumpstart?

If you have a small deposit (eg 5%), like many first-time buyers, or find it hard to pay the full purchase price outright, you could qualify for Jumpstart.

Please remember Jumpstart is only available on specific homes on selected Bovis Homes developments, so once you have chosen a location please speak to our sales advisor to check if Jumpstart is available there.

Important Jumpstart conditions you should know

  • The Bovis Home being purchased must be your principal residence and bought with a mortgage. Jumpstart is not available to cash buyers or investors.
  • Normal fees apply to the purchase, including stamp duty payable on the 100% price, if applicable. Any fees or terms and conditions associated with your selected mortgage product will also apply.
  • Standard fees and costs will be incurred as part of the repayment process (eg valuations, legal fees).
  • Jumpstart is only available on specific plots at selected Bovis Homes developments.
  • The scheme may be withdrawn at any time.
  • No other incentives are available for use with Jumpstart.
  • Full terms and conditions are contained in the Jumpstart contract.

YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE

View our developments
Find properties